Tuesday, April 05, 2005

3 a.m. parenting


So last night, the Bumblebee woke up at 3 a.m. with cramps in her legs. She gets them in the summer sometimes, mostly on days that she's running around outside alot and not drinking enough water. I massaged her legs, gave her some Tylenol, and put a heating pad on her, and she went back to sleep eventually. I couldn't go back to sleep right away, and while I was awake, I started thinking about the fact that some of my best parenting is done at 2 or 3 in the morning.

It's the time when I am least likely to get angry, the time that I am most likely to be nurturing and warm. Maybe my own sleep-addled brain is just a nicer person to be around. Maybe it's that my concern for the kid in question is overriding all other impulses. I wish I could be like that all the time.

I'm crossing my fingers as I post this, 'cause I've been having a lot of trouble with blogger.com for the past 24 hours.


• Posted By landismom @ 4/05/2005 11:52:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. future hypocrisies
  3. princess neck snap
  4. grandma visits red riding boots*
  5. Bee boots
  6. spring is finally here
  7. time to give them up?
  8. lost like Xanadu
  9. Working too much, Part 1
  10. is the shoe store a special circle of hell?
  11. just a good day with my kids


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons