Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The Postman Doesn't Ring At All


Sigh...
I had a meeting scheduled for today. Honest-to-God real human contact, not just sitting at my laptop typing all day, or being on endless conference calls. But it got cancelled.

Back when I had an office job, I would have been delighted to have a meeting canceled. "Cool," I would have thought. "Now I have more time to blog, or shop online." But those days are over. Now, I'm running to the front door to meet the mailman, just to have a little face-to-face chat during the day. And while I do enjoy Stan's conversation, there's only so much you can talk to your mailman about without incurring James M. Cain-ish suspicions from my husband. Who once caught Stan kissing me (on the cheek, after his Christmas tip), and has mercilessly teased me about it ever since.

Fortunately, on Friday I take a four-hour round trip to attend a two-hour long meeting. It's sick that I am almost excited by that prospect, especially since it means that I will get home from work too late to eat dinner with the family and my FIL who will be in town, and possibly even too late to read them stories and put them to bed.

On the other hand, last week I was asked to run for VP of the PTA at my daughter's school, so evidently the extra time that I now have to attend school-related meetings is paying off. If being the VP of the PTA of a failing elementary school can be considered a reward.


• Posted By landismom @ 2/09/2005 09:59:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. surprising aspiration
  3. Whither the US labor movement?
  4. Not quite Das Boot
  5. working at home


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons