Thursday, June 09, 2005

failure to blog


I'm going to blog now, because I'm getting slammed at work this week, and who knows when I'll have another time to do it--I have to go out of town twice in the next two weeks, and I know I won't be blogging much then either.

There's something about this time of year that always makes me a little crazy. June is a liminal month for us for 12 of the first 18 years of life; do any of us really outgrow the sense that something is ending now? As long as I've been out of school (and it's been quite a few years), I still have that sense in June that I should get a break now--that I deserve a nice, long summer vacation, to be followed by sharp new pencils and new sweaters that I will wear to the first day of school, even though it's still in the 90s.

This year is the first year that one of my kids is ending the school year in June, and sadly, due to my travel schedule, I am missing the last day of kindergarten. I planned this trip several months ago to follow the end of the school year, but then two extra days of school were added on, since they had so many snow days this year. I'm sad to be missing the Bee's last day of kindergarten, but I'm also feeling cheated that as the school year winds down, my work year is heating up, and instead of getting a well-deserved break, I'm going into overdrive.

In reality, I had a pretty easy month at work last month--it's just that since landisdad was working so much on his big project, I didn't get to enjoy it much myself. I'd like to just hook a day off from work and drive to the beach, but I can't see my way clear to doing that until August sometime, and then the beach will be full of tourists and vacationers, and I'll have to take the kids. Nothing more relaxing than going to the beach with a 2 year-old.


• Posted By landismom @ 6/09/2005 03:49:00 PM
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. a brief sojourn into activism
  3. not the new kid anymore
  4. sick potato
  5. bookstores and battling
  6. Two Toothbrushes Up, or How I Learned to Stop Worr...
  7. Reason #487 to hate Chinese wage slavery
  8. Milli-Bee
  9. nicknaming the wee bairns
  10. huge sigh of relief
  11. tagged


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons