Sunday, June 12, 2005

more links per paragraph than any other post


So I've been reading Umberto Eco's new novel, The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana, a book that has definitely been influenced by the creation of hypertext. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should (I say that even though I haven't finished the whole thing, which is very unusual for me).

I've been a fan of Eco's since I first read Foucault's Pendulum in the late 1980s. And of course the movie version of The Name of the Rose is one of the more underrated films made in that decade.

Let me just suggest that for this one, they wait about thirty years to make the movie and then cast Guy Pearce.


• Posted By landismom @ 6/12/2005 10:13:00 PM
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. failure to blog
  3. a brief sojourn into activism
  4. not the new kid anymore
  5. sick potato
  6. bookstores and battling
  7. Two Toothbrushes Up, or How I Learned to Stop Worr...
  8. Reason #487 to hate Chinese wage slavery
  9. Milli-Bee
  10. nicknaming the wee bairns
  11. huge sigh of relief


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons