Thursday, February 24, 2005

Snow Day


Sigh...I am officially tired of winter. The Bumblebee's afterschool program just called--they are not opening this afternoon.

Because there is one inch of snow.

On the grass.

Seriously, I just looked out the window, and while there is snow in my garden & covering my car, there is not one iota of accumulated snow on either the street or the sidewalk. I was planning to take her to a fundraiser for a local kids' organization tonight, but now that is cancelled too. Blat. I guess we'll just have to go out in the yard and throw meltballs at each other!

Why can't it be one of those warm spring afternoons, where you just feel good to be alive?

I just turned the heat up in our house, which I'm usually too cheap to do, but the power bill came yesterday and was actually under $200, so I'm feeling splurgy. And cold. Splurgy and cold, maybe that's what I should have named this post. I'd do it, if I weren't nervous that I was spelling splurgy wrong.


• Posted By landismom @ 2/24/2005 01:52:00 PM
Comments:
Ugh- I can relate re: school cancellation. The Cutie Pie goes to school 3 days full-time, 2 days until 12. Yesterday they closed at 4, today they didn't open until 11. But since today is one of his days until 12 (really, its 11:45), it wasn't worth it. So I got nothing done today and now The Man is putting The Cutie Pie today while I'm "working" (in reality, catching up on blogs).

Leggy
 
Yeah, we ended up with a delayed opening on Friday (10 a.m.), and they didn't actually open the school until 9:50 (and then only because I went in and accosted the school secretary). Because they were waiting for the principal to show up. Hello, he lives closer to school than I do. He could have walked!
 
Post a Comment
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. Winter Kids
  3. oy vey!
  4. Bush + Walmart=BFF!
  5. The Postman Doesn't Ring At All
  6. surprising aspiration
  7. Whither the US labor movement?
  8. Not quite Das Boot
  9. working at home


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons