Tuesday, June 14, 2005

field day


The Bee had Field Day at school yesterday. Last night, when we got home, I asked her about what she did there (other than turn bright red--sheesh, it's a billion degrees here!). She regaled me with various stories about games they played (many of which seemed to involve buckets of water being poured on kids' heads), hot dogs they ate, and the fact that she had juice THREE times (her emphasis, not mine, we usually don't let her drink that much juice in a day).

And then she told me that, as they were leaving, the fire truck came by, and when the kids ran over to say hi to the firefighters, they turned the firehose on them (to cool them off). I have to admit that my activist's heart gave a lurch, at the thought. Now I'm really glad that the FDNY didn't use firehoses on the crowd at the RNC protest last year.


• Posted By landismom @ 6/14/2005 12:27:00 PM
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. more links per paragraph than any other post
  3. failure to blog
  4. a brief sojourn into activism
  5. not the new kid anymore
  6. sick potato
  7. bookstores and battling
  8. Two Toothbrushes Up, or How I Learned to Stop Worr...
  9. Reason #487 to hate Chinese wage slavery
  10. Milli-Bee
  11. nicknaming the wee bairns


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons