Friday, July 29, 2005

outta here


So tomorrow is the first day of the first vacation that landisdad and I have taken in the last three years. Whoo-hooo! Two years ago, I was about to go on maternity leave, and didn't feel like I could take a vacation before that. Last year, I worked on the presidential election, and didn't have the time to take vacation. This year, I insisted on it.

We're not going away, we're just staying home and doing day trips and spending time with our kids. It seemed like a big hassle to try to go out of town, involving either a spectacularly long car trip or flying with the SP, which is daunting. Next year, we'll aim higher.

I'm looking forward to spending down time with my kids, and with going places with them. We'll be treating our city like tourists, and doing the kinds of things that you never do when you live in a place. And I'll be trying to kick my blog addiction, which has grown out of control this week.

So have a great week--I'll have a special announcement for you all when I get back!


• Posted By landismom @ 7/29/2005 12:10:00 PM
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. Teaching values through literature
  3. a thought for Wednesday VII
  4. the terrible twos
  5. moms and makeup
  6. nostalgia
  7. a thought for Wednesday VI
  8. let's pause
  9. new words
  10. she's gone
  11. a thought for Wednesday V


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons