Friday, July 22, 2005

nostalgia


I was tagged by Mrs. B, so here are the five things I miss from childhood:

1. Having a good relationship with my dad. I've blogged in the past about my difficult relationship with my dad, and at this point, we haven't seen each other for over two years. The last time I talked to him, I was pregnant with the SP--my dad doesn't even know if the SP is a boy or a girl. I've learned in this life not to say 'never' when it comes to things involving family, but I'd say at this point that it's highly unlikely that my dad and I will ever be on speaking terms again. And that's sad, 'cause there are things about him that I really miss, although they're not enough to make up for the bad things that caused me to stop speaking to him.

2. A whole day to myself, with nothing to do. I miss so much the ability to just spend the whole day lazing around in the house, reading books and hanging out with friends. The summer that I turned 12, my brother and his best friend and I spent the entire summer in our basement, playing D & D (yes, I was a girl geek). I can't imagine what I would do if I had a whole summer with no responsibilities at this point, but it probably wouldn't be as much fun as the three of us had.

3. Being secure in the knowledge that I was always right. Enough said about that one, I think.

4. Flashlight tag. And other games played outside after dark. Although I once ran into a 2X4 that was holding up our birdfeeder, and knocked myself out, so those games had their ups and downs too.

5. Reading under the covers. While I still end nearly every night in bed with a book, there was something so exciting about reading under the covers with a flashlight when I was a kid. The perfect combination of transgressive and obsessive.

I guess I'm supposed to tag five people, so here you go: Jessica, Leggy, Comfort Addict, Desparate2BaHousewife, & Kate. But don't feel like you have to do it, just 'cause I tagged you, okay?


• Posted By landismom @ 7/22/2005 08:42:00 PM
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. a thought for Wednesday VI
  3. let's pause
  4. new words
  5. she's gone
  6. a thought for Wednesday V
  7. a little letting go
  8. reading recommendation #3
  9. This month’s Blogging for Books topic is to write ...
  10. a thought for Wednesday IV
  11. How about 'no'?


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons