Tuesday, July 05, 2005

How about 'no'?


One way that I know I'm a parent? Listening to a two-year-old say "no" all weekend is cute, not annoying.

The Sweet Potato learned how to say "no" this weekend. While I am aware that, in time, I will tire of having my child say no to me all the time, for now it's still very cute, and I just want to eat him up every time he says it. The SP has taken longer than the Bee to become verbal. For a while there, I thought we were going to have an extremely difficult 'terrible twos' phase with him, because he would get so frustrated by his inability to make us understand what he wanted. But he's starting to increase his vocabulary very dramatically, and he seems to be getting calmer, as opposed to crazier.

On Saturday, he felt very strongly that I had picked the wrong shirt for him, but instead of throwing himself on the floor (as he would have done even a week before), he said, "Mommy, onj shut" (aka, "Mommy, I'd like to wear my orange shirt."). How cute is that? He's even saying please when he asks for things, which is a testimony to the good manners instilled by Miss Gail at his daycare, as I am terrible at reminding him to say please.


• Posted By landismom @ 7/05/2005 12:07:00 PM
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. fruit salad--childhood's perfect food?
  3. In honor of landisdad's grandmother, who passed aw...
  4. comedy for the day
  5. 30 Days & Nellie Bly
  6. snack day
  7. guess who's back? back again
  8. a thought for Wednesday (well, a little late)
  9. Happy Father's Day
  10. a thought for Wednesday
  11. field day


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons