Wednesday, June 15, 2005

a thought for Wednesday


Last night, I was going through an old box of art supplies, trying to find something for my ongoing collage project with the Bee, when I stumbled across some folders that I haven't looked at in years. In my younger days (ie, before I had kids), I did a lot of art projects, and most of those were inspired in some way by words--mostly quotes from various books, some from articles. When I was mucking about last night, I found the folders that held those quotes on 3x5 cards. I thought some of them would be worth sharing with the internet, so I've decided to develop a theme day--a thought for Wednesday. Here's the first one:

"That's the nature of being a parent, Sabine has discovered. You'll love your children far more than you ever loved your parents, and--in the recognition that your own children cannot fathom the depth of your love--you come to understand the tragic, unrequited love of your own parents."
-Ursula Hegi, Freitod


• Posted By landismom @ 6/15/2005 09:36:00 AM
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. field day
  3. more links per paragraph than any other post
  4. failure to blog
  5. a brief sojourn into activism
  6. not the new kid anymore
  7. sick potato
  8. bookstores and battling
  9. Two Toothbrushes Up, or How I Learned to Stop Worr...
  10. Reason #487 to hate Chinese wage slavery
  11. Milli-Bee


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons