Sunday, July 17, 2005

new words


So the Potato has decided to spend his weekend of parental attention on a major language acquisition project. So far, the new words that he's debuted include "noodle," "upside-down," "too-too" (aka "choo-choo") "flower," and "tractor."

I loved this phase of the Bee's development, and I'm very excited for the Potato to be increasingly verbal. It's great when kids are learning new words every day--great for them, in that they can now say more things, and great for me, since I know can have a better than average chance of understanding what he wants at any given moment. Of course, we will still have conflict over the fact that he can't always have what he wants, but his sense of frustration about not being able to tell us what he wants is diminishing.

There's a part of me that wonders, did he just wait until his sister was out of the way to roll out his new vocabulary so that he knows he has our full attention? Or was it just a coincidence?


• Posted By landismom @ 7/17/2005 11:25:00 AM
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. she's gone
  3. a thought for Wednesday V
  4. a little letting go
  5. reading recommendation #3
  6. This month’s Blogging for Books topic is to write ...
  7. a thought for Wednesday IV
  8. How about 'no'?
  9. fruit salad--childhood's perfect food?
  10. In honor of landisdad's grandmother, who passed aw...
  11. comedy for the day


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons