Tuesday, August 09, 2005

big water


For months, the Potato has been talking. He has a growing vocabulary, and recently added the word "yes" (which is oh so helpful). But until now, he's mostly used the words to describe 1) things he sees ("truck, Mommy!"), 2) things he wants ("mik!"), and 3) things he doesn't want ("noooeeee!").

Last night, the family was eating dinner together, and the Bee started to tell us about her day at camp. I asked her if she had told her friends about her vacation, and she started to tell us what she had told them about going down the shore, when suddenly the Potato piped in, "big watee!" I looked at him and asked, "did you say 'big water'?" He said, "big, big watee."

My son has participated in a conversation. Another major milestone whizzes by.


• Posted By landismom @ 8/09/2005 08:25:00 AM
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. 100 things
  3. cleaning and class
  4. announcing...
  5. newsflash--I'm getting old
  6. outta here
  7. Teaching values through literature
  8. a thought for Wednesday VII
  9. the terrible twos
  10. moms and makeup
  11. nostalgia


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons