Wednesday, August 03, 2005

newsflash--I'm getting old


Note: this is not the special announcement that I promised--that's coming later in the week.

We're still on vacation, and yesterday, we went to the beach. Unfortunately, my body decided that it was the right moment to inform me of its advanced state of decay. Because while I was jumping into a wave, I heard a 'pop', and felt a searing pain in my left calf. I hobbled out of the ocean and collapsed under our shady tent for the rest of the afternoon. Fortunately, the Potato was in a mode where all he wanted to do was dig, so landisdad (a prince among men, have I mentioned that before?) kept the Bee busy in the waves, and I let the SP cover my feet with sand, and dig out my toes, and then cover my feet with sand some more.

Today, I went to the doctor, and she confirmed that I had torn a muscle in my left calf. She asked me if I needed a note for work, and I quipped, "no, but can I get one for my kids?"

Sigh. I know that I'm getting older, and I can't expect my body to do all the things that it was capable of when I was a teenager. But do I really need to start stretching before I jump into the ocean with my kids? Because that is too depressing for words.





• Posted By landismom @ 8/03/2005 08:24:00 PM
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. outta here
  3. Teaching values through literature
  4. a thought for Wednesday VII
  5. the terrible twos
  6. moms and makeup
  7. nostalgia
  8. a thought for Wednesday VI
  9. let's pause
  10. new words
  11. she's gone


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons