Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Happy Birthday, Bee!


So next week is the Bumblebee's birthday. We told her that if she wanted to, instead of having a big party this year, she could have her first sleepover this weekend, and that's what she decided to do. We told her she could invite three girls, but she ended up only asking two, and so far one of the moms hasn't rsvp'd. We had a fairly long conversation about why she could only invite girls to her sleepover, and I think she still doesn't really get it ("but the Sweet Potato sleeps here! and he's a boy!), but I'm not that interested in being the first mother in the first grade to hold a co-ed sleepover.

Last night, the mother who did rsvp called to tell us that she wasn't sure if her daughter would spend the night or not. Her daughter is worried that if she comes to the party and can't hang, the other kids will laugh at her in school, and now I'm starting to worry that the Bee will have the sleepover where no one sleeps over. I'm starting to wonder if she's too young to have a sleepover. I definitely remember having sleepovers when I was six, but hey, that was back in the 70s when we didn't have carseats, and our moms smoked in the delivery room.

UPDATE: So the second mom called today and left me a message saying that her daughter had another birthday party to go to, and could she drop her off at 8:30 p.m. WTF???? So it looks like we will have a birthday party where the two guests aren't here at the same time. I'm not really sure what we're going to do, it was back-to-school night tonight, so we didn't really get to talk to the Bee about it. I feel bad, because this thing that she was really excited by is not working out at all.

When was your first sleepover? Did you sleep at all? And most importantly, what should we serve for breakfast (assuming someone sleeps over)?

On a totally unrelated note, I'd like to welcome whoever it was that visited my blog by searching for "literature of the sweet potato." I hope you're not disappointed.


• Posted By landismom @ 9/21/2005 08:53:00 AM
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. travelling tots
  3. "I will not yield to a politic of despair"
  4. the bowling penguins
  5. weekend snapshot
  6. shaking with rage, and doing something about it
  7. stepping out of the mommy blog...
  8. the persistence of memory through things
  9. PBB (no, not peanut butter & banana)
  10. Here's a link to my final post on the San Diego Re...
  11. reward and punishment


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons