Monday, November 14, 2005

blogdate


So I had my first-ever blog play-date yesterday. Oddly, neither the other blogger or I managed to discuss whether or not we would blog about the experience. So I'm gonna let her out herself in the comments, if she's so inclined, otherwise, you'll just have to keep guessing until we come to some agreement. It was a lovely day, and a lovely time with much playground equipment.

Most of my weekend was spent trying to keep landisdad from contaminating the wee bairns. He came home early Friday with some kind of awful fever & stomach virus thing, and spent most of the next three days wrapped in a wool blanket and whimpering for mercy. It wasn't pretty.

We're getting ready to host our first post-kid Thanksgiving here. For the last six years, we've always gone to NYC for Thanksgiving, as landisdad's grandmother wasn't able to travel. This year, we decided that we should give his mom a break from the cooking, so we're having her over, plus possibly some other family members. Unfortunately, that means I'm going to have to take apart my 'office,' which is currently located in our dining room. Grrr! I'm not looking forward to it very much. It's a major cleaning job. On the plus side, maybe we'll finally move the seven boxes of photographs out of this room...

Also, for those of you who arrived here via some search for a sweet potato pie recipe or other sweet potato cooking problems? Sorry, I'm not the cook in our family. Try here, here or here.


• Posted By landismom @ 11/14/2005 09:13:00 AM
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. fall holiday
  3. tap, tap, Is this thing on?
  4. what goes around...
  5. to sleep, perchance to dream
  6. is the internet making me dumber or just lazier?
  7. hey, I'm a blogosphere celebrity!
  8. quick, somebody...
  9. Yes, what is a modern grrrrlll to do?
  10. There's something living in our backyard...
  11. humor on the road


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons