Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Done!




About a week after Hurricane Katrina, I blogged about my frustration at not being able to send tangible things and my plan to leaflet my neighborhood to collect donations for evacuees. I told folks that I would collect toiletries, kids' books & toys, and clothing until September 24, and send them off.

My neighbors' generosity overwhelmed me--we ended up sending 17 boxes of donations to the Gulf Coast. In addition to that, one of the times that I went to the post office to ship donations, a total stranger noticed what I was doing and insisted on giving me $20 to help cover the cost of shipping. I couldn't help myself--I cried right there. I'm really happy that we did this, and I'm also glad that it's done. (As is landisdad, who wasn't all that happy about the stacks of boxes in our living room.)


• Posted By landismom @ 10/04/2005 05:07:00 PM
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. tagged again
  3. August Wilson, Presente!
  4. a difficult moment
  5. grateful for small things
  6. scenes from a slumber party...
  7. cheating
  8. Happy Birthday, Bee!
  9. travelling tots
  10. "I will not yield to a politic of despair"
  11. the bowling penguins


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons