Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Reason #2047 that I love my husband


It's a common conceit of mine that I am 'handier' than landisdad. Partly, that's backed up by evidence--I've actually had jobs that involved manual labor and tools, and he's been a 'knowledge worker' all his life (lucky bastard!).

But his knowledge worker tendencies do conspire against me sometimes. For example, I never ever read the directions for anything, until I've tried to make it work on my own at least once. His initial response, on opening any package, is to get the directions out and read them.

Since I'm not the genius that I think I am, 9 times out of 10, he's figured the thing out (whatever the thing happens to be--computer game, furniture to assemble, complicated baby toy) before I have, and I'm reduced to asking him for the directions.

Last night, we were all in the Potato's room, and the Bee was reading him a story. I bought a new nightlight for the Potato last weekend, and I wanted to install it, but it's the kind that is attached to an outlet cover, and needed to be screwed on. In order to install it, I had to unplug the light and do it in the dark. "You should wait until morning to do that," he said.

"I'm sure it will be fine!" I shot back.

Then I dropped the screw into the heating duct. Where it still sits.

He never said "I told you so." Not even once.


• Posted By landismom @ 11/22/2005 12:24:00 PM
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. social promotion
  3. the power of rule-making
  4. ...and a Potato progress report, too
  5. caution, kvelling mama ahead
  6. blogdate
  7. fall holiday
  8. tap, tap, Is this thing on?
  9. what goes around...
  10. to sleep, perchance to dream
  11. is the internet making me dumber or just lazier?


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons