Sunday, December 11, 2005

"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?"


I think what Robert Browning meant to say is, "a mom's reach should exceed her grasp."

At least, that's the way I'm living this weekend.

Let me just say, that the next time I think it's a good idea to bake Christmas cookies with three two-year-olds, the Bee, and a three-year-old, without an adult-to-child ration of 1:1, just shoot me in the head and go on with your life.

I'll point out that the children who were not my own progeny were lovely and cooperative. My children, however, were (understandably) stressed about having to share all their toys and acted like wild animals protecting their turf. As did I. Sorry, Suzanne, for all the chaos.

On the positive side, we made many cookies, and only dropped one cookie-tray-full. The kids did have cute moments together, when the Potato wasn't screaming in outrage ('mine!'), and the Bee wasn't jumping on the couch. My niece, the Butterfly, enjoyed the Sit N Spin (why is it that I can only find the Simon Says Sit N Spin? did they stop making the other kind?). And at the end of the day, my house is really no messier than it was two days ago...


• Posted By landismom @ 12/11/2005 08:30:00 PM
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. coming up for air
  3. all apology
  4. not your touchy-feely mother
  5. Blog Against Racism Day
  6. kid book recommendation
  7. Tagged with a Thanksgiving meme
  8. blogging cross-promotion
  9. Reason #2047 that I love my husband
  10. social promotion
  11. the power of rule-making


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons