Tuesday, December 27, 2005

just got back...


from our three whirlwind days of fun & family in NYC, preceded by a day & a half of Christmas family fun here at home.

The kids got a ridiculous number of new toys. I got On Beauty by Zadie Smith, Watchmen (Absolute Edition) by Alan Moore (yes, I am a geek!), and an incredible new winter dress coat from my MIL. We ate too much, drank just enough, sat around and played games (UNO! Monopoly!) and let the kids watch a smidge more tv than we would have normally (LD gave the Potato the second DVD box set of Peewee's Playhouse for Christmas). Landisdad & I even got to see two movies together in the space of four days, and I think the last time that happened was in 1998.

Now, it's back to work for two days (for me--LD and the kids are off all week), and then a four day weekend. I could get used to this. I'm really too tired to write much, so here are some gratuitous kid pictures:







The Bee, opening a gift on Christmas Eve, at my brother's house.


















The Potato, reading one of his new books on Christmas morning.













The kids in their new matching jammies from Grandma (unfortunately, I did not get a better quality picture).

And one gratuitous cute thing my kid said:

(on eating his grandmother's homemade chocolate mousse for the first time on Christmas night)

"I like this! my chocolate moo!"

LD and I cracked up over that one, and repeated it over and over again for days.


• Posted By landismom @ 12/27/2005 10:23:00 PM
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. Have a great weekend
  3. illegal is not immoral
  4. another kid book recommendation
  5. weird kids
  6. Christmas Compromises
  7. we're all complicit in the patriarchy
  8. seven redux
  9. "Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or...
  10. coming up for air
  11. all apology


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons