Tuesday, January 03, 2006

gentle reader, I need your advice


As we (or at least I) approach the one-year anniversary of this here blog, I've been giving some thought to moving out of the blogspot neighborhood. While Blogger has been mostly good to me, I'm feeling somewhat constrained by its limitations, and I've been wandering around the blogosphere feeling jealous of other people's ability to customize (& categorize!) their blogs.

But I'm nervous.

Will changing blog platforms lose me the small but loyal following that I currently enjoy?

Will I lose all my old posts and comments?

Will I need to pay someone to make the transition?

Will I have to remember all the sites that I'm currently listed on and re-list myself with a new url?

So, internet, I'm asking you for help.

Do you have a story of your own transition from one blogging platform to another to tell? Can you help me avoid the pitfalls? What's the blogging service that you currently use, and what do you like about it? If you're a Blogger user, why do you stay? (I don't mean that to sound harsh--I'm just interested in what other people find useful about Blogger.) And what other kind of blog services do you regularly use? Are you a Bloglines junkie, like me? Blog Explosion? Technorati? Some other thing I've not yet heard of?

It's time to gush (or vent)!


• Posted By landismom @ 1/03/2006 12:33:00 PM
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. Happy New Year!
  3. but will she end up working in the Dead Letter off...
  4. just got back...
  5. Have a great weekend
  6. illegal is not immoral
  7. another kid book recommendation
  8. weird kids
  9. Christmas Compromises
  10. we're all complicit in the patriarchy
  11. seven redux


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons