Friday, January 06, 2006

I'm a weirdo


I was tagged by Library Lady to reveal 5 weird things about myself. I'm offended, because of course, I'm totally normal. Okay, stop laughing! No, really, I'm just quirky.

1. I can be hyper-efficient. How else could I spend so much time blogging? It has its downside, though, because occasionally I forget that I'm human and make scheduling mistakes that are just enormous, due to my confidence that I am able to get things done faster than the speed of light.

2. I have a lot of books next to my bed. I won't shelve a book until I've read it. But am I ever going to actually read The Anti-Theatrical Prejudice? I mean, it's been there since we moved into our house. And longer--I think I bought it in 1998. Still, it stays in my to-be-read pile.

3. I spent a significant amount of time in my adolescence and early adulthood being pretty poor, which made me make some weird spending choices. (Cigarettes? or food?) I scrimp on stuff that I don't have to now (like, I'll keep using the same shampoo bottle until there's nothing left inside except air), but then I'll blow a huge amount of money buying clothes that my kids are going to wear for maybe a year.

4. I hate cooked tomatoes, but only if they're still visually recognizable as tomatoes (ie--does not apply to tomato paste in pasta sauce or pizza form). This is attributable to the Great Stewed Tomato Incident of 1977. My mom was old-school--you finish what's on your plate. Even if it makes you vomit.

5. If I'm not running the meeting, I'm heckling the person who is. And possibly other people involved.

I just added a bunch of new people to my blogroll, so I'm going to pick on some of them.
Tag, you're it:

Jackie
Ivoryfrog
Moonface

Kdubs

WorkinMom


Tags:


• Posted By landismom @ 1/06/2006 12:16:00 PM
  1. ABOUT ME
  2. My daughter is the Bumblebee. My son is the Sweet Potato. You'll have to ask their father.


  3. View My Complete Profile.
  4. Want a gmail account? Email me.


  5. I ALSO BLOG AT


  6. Bored Housewives Network


  1. IF NOT HOME, FIND ME HERE




  2. Blogroll Me!


  1. PREVIOUSLY BUZZED


  2. whose family are you friendly to?
  3. gentle reader, I need your advice
  4. Happy New Year!
  5. but will she end up working in the Dead Letter off...
  6. just got back...
  7. Have a great weekend
  8. illegal is not immoral
  9. another kid book recommendation
  10. weird kids
  11. Christmas Compromises


  1. MASHED AND SWEETENED


  1. OTHER THINGS

  2. Subscribe with Bloglines


  3. Listed on BlogShares



    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
  1. CREDITS/RESOURCES


  2. Design By:
  3. Ciao! My Bella!
  4. Comments By:
  5. Haloscan
  6. Platform By:
  7. Blogger
  8. Powered By:
  9. landismom
  10. Image From:
  11. Getty Images
  12. Protected By:
  13. Creative Commons